Quasi Holiday Report
Well, its been quite a long time since I last post entry to my blog...and seeing it again, it was a day before my departure to Indonesia...
After 1,5 months, from 17 August to 27 of September, I spend most of my holiday in Indonesia...
But in this holiday, I got the chance to travel outside of Jakarta, in which I spend about 2 days (18-19 August) in Bandar Lampung, to attend my friends marriage, reky...
About a week (9-14 September)also, I got the chance to visit Sydney, Australia, to present a paper in International Conference of Indonesian Scholars, entitled "Building International Entrepreneurs Network to Help Market Local Products", after 13 years the last time I set my foot over there....also besides the conference, we had a chance to meet 1 hour with the Indonesian President and his cabinet, because of his attendance in the APEC seminar...
Another important event happened in the last holiday is of course my beloved one and only sister, Mbadia's marriage with kak Irwan...well I should say, I am very happy for her marriage, since it was not after a long struggle, she made it to the wedding podium...
From reky's marriage, it brings me into a thought that Indonesia indeed need what it is called as a rural economic development...I can see there is a huge disparity between Jakarta and the rest of the province capital in Indonesia...both in terms of infrastructure and human resources capabilities....hence, this idea helped me to fuel up on preparing for the conference paper...because I am presenting an idea of OVOP....to be implemented in Indonesia and enhancing the local capabilities....
During the conference also, I had a chance to talk to several top rated officials, mostly ada minister or ex ministers, such as Mr. Budiman, Mr. Hatta Rajasa, Mr. Emil Salim, Mr. Adhyaksa Dault, Mr. Rahmat Witoelar and Mr. Yudhoyono, the president of Indonesia himself...until those ministry level, I tried to promote about OVOP as a solution for economic development, and most of them gave a good respond towards my ideas...I am just hoping that in the future there will be some project being held for that...and I am more than happy to be taking part of it...another story in Australia is that I am able to meet with me and my fathers old friends...mba Kiky (sempai from APU), om Gono (my father and uncle close friend), Ed (my fathers professors during his studies at UNSW, he havent being changed!) and Gobang (my fathers friend in Sydney)...coloring my journey when I was in Sydney...from each and every one of them I learn diverse things...from academics to survival things...
Another thing that I did during my holidays is trying to establish some projects to be my future business, which the core are consultation, to provide business solutions to clients...such as establishing new ideas, and building networks with the contacts that we have...in order to support that, I need some IT people who can set up for the database...and I luckily found 1 close friend to help me out...so far, the field this business already trying to cover is Education, Media and Commerce...in the future, perhaps I would go for as far as having a Cake Industry client and a Japanese Recycling company....
The grand design for this business is not that established yet, just still in the verbal ideas...later on I hope I can go for establishing a 5-10 year goal...with its sustainable development parameters...
Ill try to stop for a while now...since I am running out of time, should go for prayers, student office and appointment with someone...which perhaps in the future will be somebody really special for me...
Labels: Vacation




1 Comments:
Salam perkenalan di alam siber.
This is the 1st I read your blog. Kinda interesting coz I am also doing a research on OVOP n its implementation in Msia n I am also presenting it in a conference back home soon. Maybe we should have a meet up with all researchers that r doing OVOP in APU ya? Would be interesting discussion...
Post a Comment
<< Home